Friday, May 01, 2015

Me Made May 2015

Happy May 1st!  In the blogosphere that means it's the start of Me Made May 2015!  I often think about signing up for MMM, but then every year realize May is almost over and I've totally forgotten about it, so this year I was on the ball and as soon as Zoe of 'So, Zoe... What do you know?' announced that the sign up was open I threw my hat in the ring and pledged my challenge.  I will admit I took the easy way out and didn't pledge a whole lot, but it's a start for my first ever time taking part.
I, Sarah of Prairie Girl Knits, sign up as a participant of Me-Made-May '15. I endeavour to wear at least one hand made item each day for the duration of May 2015
I wish I could be more like Roisin of Dolly Clackett who posts daily on instagram with the tag #memadeeveryday - Oh how I envy her closet (and her shoes, but I digress).  If you want inspiration to get sewing stop by her blog.  She makes absolutely gorgeous dresses! She'll make you want to sew all the dresses with all the fun prints!

Alas, I'll stick with my at least one thing per day.  I can't promise it'll even be anything extravagant,  I also can't promise I'll even remember to take a photo or even have some sort of record of it for each day, but I do plan on making an effort to choose handmade over store bought at least in some way each day, even if it's just a handmade bag.

I had a hard time picking out what I wanted for today, but then ended up choosing one of my favourite go to tops that I always reach for - my cotton lawn Honey Blouse that I made almost two years ago.  I should really make another before this gets worn out from being in constant rotation!


So, happy start of Me Made May 2015! Are you planning on wearing your " me mades" this month?

No comments:

Post a Comment